Back to the Land of Baseball and Apple Pies

And it's just about that time. Actually, it IS that time. I'm
sitting in the airport now preparing to head home, and I still can't
comprehend that my time in China has ended. What amazes me further is
that I spent almost two months here. Sorry about not updating this
past week, I just had a pretty low key time. The most eventful thing
that happened was last Sunday when the lab went out to try to climb a
mountain. Unbeknownst to us, there was a triathalon taking place at
our mountain of choice. Oh well, we just drove to the top and kind of
walked around a little. After that, we all went out to lunch and had
a good time. In China, when someone proposes a toast, it's fairly
common to finish the entire drink. Well, there were about 5
professors and a few graduating students that kept proposing toasts.
Also, they wouldn't let you sit down if you didn't finish your drink.
Also also, a few of the guys wanted to have a couple of extra drinks
with me since I was an exchange student. Also also also, we were
drinking beer. Funsies.

For the last week, basically I just saw a few final sights and tried
some new eats since I had the time. I don't know when the next time
I'll be back in China will be, but I'm certain that I'll come back.
If only I didn't have to study, work, and make a career for myself...
Man, I was definitely planning on spending the rest of my RMB here at
the airport, but in a moment of what can only be thought of as sheer
stupidity, I forgot that most stores would not be open at 5:30am.
Furthermore, they charge like 10USD as commission for any currency
exchange. Well, I guess I'll definitely be back in the future if not
just to spend this extra 25 bucks worth of RMB that I've got
now.Anyways, I just realized that the clock on this computer is slow
by over 20 minutes, so I have a plane to catch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment