Does Anyone Read These?

Went into a clean room yesterday. Took four sets of doors and two
extra layers of clothes to get in, but I made it eventually. It was a
pretty cool experience, and I wish I could have taken some pictures,
but my camera was probably too dirty to take out. The building was
where they made and packaged part of the leads for the deep brain
stimulator DBS. But you guys probably don't find that very
interesting.

On the other hand, I went out to eat pizza last night. Mostly because
the beer was free from 8-10. No matter how good of an idea that
sounds, it's not. Trust me. I mean, that isn't to say we didn't have
a good time. It's just that some people might have had too good of a
time.

Finally, I've come to realize that there are a lot of things integral
to Chinese culture that differ from American norms. (Duh. See
chopsticks.) However, some of these ideas remain a bit nebulous. For
those of you who are Chinese or Asian and/or have been to China, you
know what I mean. The point I'm trying to make here is that most
Americans have no idea what China is about. They might think they do,
or they might even know anecdotal facts, but really, they are still
pretty clueless. To quote someone I met in the gym the other day,
"Back home, China kinda gets a bad rap," and mostly because people
just don't know what's up. But to be fair, how could people stateside
really get to understand Asian cultures or any other ones for that
matter. We're not exactly close to other countries, so foreign
cultures aren't as pervasive in the US as they are elsewhere. We also
don't really make an effort to change that. Perhaps getting better
all the time, but If nothing else, I've definitely picked up some
perspective from this trip, along with a tan, and hopefully only an
ever so slight Beijing accent.

0 comments:

Post a Comment