Stop Telephonin' Me

Stop callin', stop callin', I don't want to talk anymore... But
seriously, since I don't have a local sim card here, all my phone
calls are uber expensive. I'm still waiting on T-Mo to send me my
unlock information which they won't seem to do. With regards to cell
phones in the U.S., we pay more, we get less, and good phones rarely
ever come here. However, I must say, the latter has begun to improve
in the past year or two. But, I always forget about the "US-world
phone discrepancy," if you will, until I go to another country and
visit. People's cell phones are basically much nicer everywhere else,
and they have more choices since they aren't locked to a particular
carrier. Without sounding to elitist, I hope you guys understand what
I'm getting at. I'll just leave you with this last bit to chew on:
http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Consumers-In-US-Canada-Pay-More-For-Wireless-103905

Now more about what I've been up to. I went to visit a hospital
yesterday where they were doing a rat surgery. The were basically
implanting electrodes in a rat with epilepsy to monitor it's
brainwaves. This is almost exactly what one of my professors at
Purdue does, so I had seen this procedure once before. Though, I must
admit, if I were a rat, I would much rather have this surgery done in
the US, and that's all I'll say about that. After the surgery, we
decided to do a little sight seeing, so we walked into the Temple of
Heaven which is right in the neighborhood of the hospital.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_of_heaven Cool stuff. Then, when
I got back, my fellow Purdue students were trying to think of
something to do this weekend, and they finally decided to go see, you
guessed, the Temple of Heaven. So I guess I'm going back there
tomorrow.

I think a hobby of the Chinese grad students here is trying to teach
me weird and obscure slang words. Half the time I have no idea what
they are saying, er, come to think of it, probably a lot more than
half the time. Finally, as I'm writing this, I'm sampling a pineapple
juice beer. Not my cup of tea, or even my cup of beer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment