Slacking a Bit

Up until now I haven't really had much to do, so I've just been
sitting around at my desk (hence, blogging). However, it looks like
that might change in the near future. Honestly, I have to thank a few
of my professors for teaching me some pretty useful things in the past
year. First, all of the things I learned in bioelectricity from Dr.
Irazoqui have become abundantly useful. Especially, since I'll be
working on modeling neurons undergonig deep brain stimulation.
Second, the force feeding from Dr. Ivanesavic which "allowed" me to
become proficient at locating research papers has been nice since
that's all I've been doing up until now. After all, the first day was
pretty much, "Here's a computer. Now, go learn about DBS research."
Third, and ironically enough, the ME/ChemE students that are working
in the thermal engineering group have not taken heat and mass transfer
yet. Apparently, only the BME and NucE students (actually, I don't
know about Aero, CivE, or any other ones for that matter) take H&M
transfer during their junior year at Purdue. Oh well, have fun guys.
Speaking of my compatriots, I haven't seen most of them since the
weekend. I have no idea what they've been up to.

Stream of Consciousness:
Air quality extremely bad today. Visibility is about half of what it
normally is. Also, I hope to make some plans for the weekend. I even
did my laundry yesterday so I wouldn't have to worry about it later.
Plus, I was running out of socks. (That might have some semblance of
a pun. I'm not sure.) Soy milk comes in pouches here. I've seen
people just poke straws into them, but all the straws I got aren't
pointy at either end. Don't worry though, I'm an engineer. I'll
figure it out. When I woke up this morning, all the sheets on my bed
were sideways... weird. People in the dining courts here eat faster
than I've ever seen before. I usually have no problem eating fast,
and I'm only about par for the course. Finding a place to park your
bike here is surprisingly difficult. There are just so many people
everywhere. Oh, and before I forget, I actually did something useful
yesterday. I revised a lab member's paper that he wrote. Apparently
my only utility around here is that I can speak mediocre English.

0 comments:

Post a Comment