Nothing of Note

Since my hair was getting intolerably long, I decided to cut it last
night. I borrowed a pair of clippers from Mike, and got down to
business. So today, when people in the lab asked me where I got my
haircut, naturally I told them that I cut it myself. At this point,
they were surprised, astonished even. I guess people don't do that
around here. But, then again, why should they? A haircut here is
like 1USD. And since you're wondering, 10mm on top, and 6mm on the
sides. Apart from that, the most interesting thing that I did today
was eat a banana at about 3:45. And tomorrow, I might eat a piece of
watermelon...

It rained last night which means today was cooler, high of only about
80F. But more importantly, the air was a lot cleaner today which
means I actually got to see the sky. As I suspected, it's still blue
here. Another thing, all the mattresses are really stiff here. So I
wasn't surprised when my dorm bed was pretty hard. But then when I
looked at it more closely, I haven't even been sleeping on a mattress.
The bed is only a flat metal plank with about a two inch cushion on
it. Oh, and for those of you who have been keeping up with my
riveting adventures, my air conditioning works now. However, the
complimentary phone in my room is on the fritz. It wasn't working
last night when I had to make a call, which forced me to go down to
the front desk and inform them, so naturally when I came back to my
room it was fine. Exciting, no?

0 comments:

Post a Comment