Gotta Up Those Posts Per Day

So I was just thinking maybe I should spend less time doing nothing,
and more time convincing myself I'm not doing nothing. That being
said, not much of note has transpired in the past day or so. I do
believe, however, that I have finally been to all the dining halls on
campus. There may still be some floors in some of the halls which
elude me, but I'll make it there eventually. Speaking of the food,
it's Chinese, it's cheap, and it's pretty damn good. And, since it's
subsidized by the government, 20USD goes a long ways. It's so bloody
hot here though, so I always work up a sweat eating which is actually
kind of annoying. Also, I think laundry is calling, again. Now I
know why people have a propensity to wear their clothes for more than
one day at a time. But since I am a spoiled American, I rarely engage
in clothing recycling. However, I must confess, laziness + college
life have begun to change that. My floor also doesn't have a dryer,
so o'natural it is (that means air drying, btw). I also couldn't find
an iron/ironing board, not that the latter would be of much use
without the former. So I decided to just hang my wrinkly clothes in
the bathroom, turn off the fan, and take a long hot shower. Many
thanks to whoever first shared that useful morsel with me. Next, my
closet's clothes hanging bar thing doesn't go side to side. It goes
front to back, so I can only see the shirt that's hanging right in
front. I'm not sure why this makes me so mad, especially since I have
yet to wear a single one of those shirts, but it does. It really
does.

I've decided I like going to the gym here because I see all sorts of
people. I've seen Frenchmen, Germans, and I think, recently, some
Australians. Those whom I presumed to be from down under were at a
loss because they were doing bicep curls where 10kg was too light, but
15 was way too heavy. (The smallest increment they could add too each
side was 2.5kg.) So I proceeded to go ahead and tell them this is why
everything should be in pounds. I don't think they found that as
funny as I did.

0 comments:

Post a Comment